Meet housing needs
THERE is a need to build enough homes in Waveney so that each community can meet its own housing needs.The way to do this is not for the Government, through its unelected quango the East of England Regional Assembly, to impose unrealistic top-down targets.
THERE is a need to build enough homes in Waveney so that each community can meet its own housing needs.
The way to do this is not for the Government, through its unelected quango the East of England Regional Assembly, to impose unrealistic top-down targets.
Instead local people should be in control of the way that their towns and villages develop. Such decisions should have democratic accountability and any development should be sustainable with the necessary supporting infrastructure being provided.
The Conservatives have pledged to scrap Labour's regional planning process and replace it with a system that ensures that elected local representatives on Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council make these decisions, having consulted with the communities that they serve.
You may also want to watch:
We shall also change the way in which local government is funded, so that where more homes are built in an area more money will be retained there to pay for the increased services that will be required.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Waveney