Meet housing needs
THERE is a need to build enough homes in Waveney so that each community can meet its own housing needs.The way to do this is not for the Government, through its unelected quango the East of England Regional Assembly, to impose unrealistic top-down targets.
THERE is a need to build enough homes in Waveney so that each community can meet its own housing needs.
The way to do this is not for the Government, through its unelected quango the East of England Regional Assembly, to impose unrealistic top-down targets.
Instead local people should be in control of the way that their towns and villages develop. Such decisions should have democratic accountability and any development should be sustainable with the necessary supporting infrastructure being provided.
The Conservatives have pledged to scrap Labour's regional planning process and replace it with a system that ensures that elected local representatives on Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council make these decisions, having consulted with the communities that they serve.
We shall also change the way in which local government is funded, so that where more homes are built in an area more money will be retained there to pay for the increased services that will be required.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 3 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Waveney