Meet housing needs
THERE is a need to build enough homes in Waveney so that each community can meet its own housing needs.The way to do this is not for the Government, through its unelected quango the East of England Regional Assembly, to impose unrealistic top-down targets.
THERE is a need to build enough homes in Waveney so that each community can meet its own housing needs.
The way to do this is not for the Government, through its unelected quango the East of England Regional Assembly, to impose unrealistic top-down targets.
Instead local people should be in control of the way that their towns and villages develop. Such decisions should have democratic accountability and any development should be sustainable with the necessary supporting infrastructure being provided.
The Conservatives have pledged to scrap Labour's regional planning process and replace it with a system that ensures that elected local representatives on Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council make these decisions, having consulted with the communities that they serve.
You may also want to watch:
We shall also change the way in which local government is funded, so that where more homes are built in an area more money will be retained there to pay for the increased services that will be required.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 5 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 6 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 7 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 8 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Waveney