Meeting looks at town's links
SCHEMES to improve bus and cycle links in Lowestoft were discussed at a meeting of transport officials this week.Fully integrated route maps and a single body to oversee transport in the town were among the ideas discussed at a consultation event at OrbisEnergy on Monday.
SCHEMES to improve bus and cycle links in Lowestoft were discussed at a meeting of transport officials this week.
Fully integrated route maps and a single body to oversee transport in the town were among the ideas discussed at a consultation event at OrbisEnergy on Monday.
Guy McGregor, Suffolk County Council's portfolio holder for transport, said that a new local transport plan is being drawn up to run until 2028.
He said: 'We are working to make sure that the transport plan has a real local flavour, for example improving accessibility and reducing congestion in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
'We will also look at what the county council can do to make Lowestoft a more attractive place to do business and for people who need to get around the town.'
He said that improving public transport links will be one of the priorities of any scheme. 'We have discussed creating a Transport for Lowestoft-type body which can speak to all the bus companies, for example, to make sure that we have a cohesive scheme for the town.
- 1 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
'We are also considering creating integrated route maps for buses which can be displayed at bus stops so that people know where they can go and where they can change.
'The town's cycle network also needs to be enhanced.'