Meeting looks at town's links
SCHEMES to improve bus and cycle links in Lowestoft were discussed at a meeting of transport officials this week.Fully integrated route maps and a single body to oversee transport in the town were among the ideas discussed at a consultation event at OrbisEnergy on Monday.
SCHEMES to improve bus and cycle links in Lowestoft were discussed at a meeting of transport officials this week.
Fully integrated route maps and a single body to oversee transport in the town were among the ideas discussed at a consultation event at OrbisEnergy on Monday.
Guy McGregor, Suffolk County Council's portfolio holder for transport, said that a new local transport plan is being drawn up to run until 2028.
He said: 'We are working to make sure that the transport plan has a real local flavour, for example improving accessibility and reducing congestion in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
'We will also look at what the county council can do to make Lowestoft a more attractive place to do business and for people who need to get around the town.'
He said that improving public transport links will be one of the priorities of any scheme. 'We have discussed creating a Transport for Lowestoft-type body which can speak to all the bus companies, for example, to make sure that we have a cohesive scheme for the town.
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 4 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 5 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 6 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 7 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 8 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 9 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband
- 10 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
'We are also considering creating integrated route maps for buses which can be displayed at bus stops so that people know where they can go and where they can change.
'The town's cycle network also needs to be enhanced.'