I HAVE watched Countdown for many years. It is not only entertaining but keeps the brain active, which as you get older is a good thing.It came as an awful shock when Richard Whitely died and another shock when I heard what was happening to Carol Vorderman.
I HAVE watched Countdown for many years. It is not only entertaining but keeps the brain active, which as you get older is a good thing.
It came as an awful shock when Richard Whitely died and another shock when I heard what was happening to Carol Vorderman.
I have seen over the years how she has changed her image, at 47 or 48, she is glamorous and to people who don't even watch Countdown she is known. We all have to retire at sometime but she is capable of doing her job for many years yet.
I believe she was treated very badly. She has been very dedicated and clearly enjoys her job.
You may also want to watch:
Des Lynam tried hard replacing Richard but he wasn't really the right one. Des O'Connor has been very good and it has become a very relaxed, enjoyable programme. It's a pity he is going too.
Will there be any replacements or is Countdown on meltdown?
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
MRS C COLLINS