Memories of Jack
IT was great to see the picture of Jack Colby in The Journal (June 5).I came to Lowestoft in October 1955 to get married and my late husband and I rented the black wooden hut for a short time.
IT was great to see the picture of Jack Colby in The Journal (June 5).
I came to Lowestoft in October 1955 to get married and my late husband and I rented the black wooden hut for a short time. It was a very cold winter; then we moved into a caravan for a short time.
My late brother and sister-in law also lived in a caravan. That is how I started my married life and we were very happy.
Mr Colby and his family were a great family.
You may also want to watch:
J P MOORE
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 5 Preparation begins for Lowestoft's crucial flood defence work
- 6 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 7 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 8 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 9 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 10 Mountain bike stolen during the night prompts police appeal