Memories of Jack
IT was great to see the picture of Jack Colby in The Journal (June 5).I came to Lowestoft in October 1955 to get married and my late husband and I rented the black wooden hut for a short time.
IT was great to see the picture of Jack Colby in The Journal (June 5).
I came to Lowestoft in October 1955 to get married and my late husband and I rented the black wooden hut for a short time. It was a very cold winter; then we moved into a caravan for a short time.
My late brother and sister-in law also lived in a caravan. That is how I started my married life and we were very happy.
Mr Colby and his family were a great family.
You may also want to watch:
J P MOORE
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme