Five men arrested for vehicle offences in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested on suspicion of vehicle offences in Lowestoft.
Police were called at around 2.30am on Thursday, December 12, following reports that a group of males were attempting to gain access to vehicles parked in the vicinity of Bentley Drive.
Officers attended and conducted a search of the area. The suspects were arrested shortly after 3am on suspicion of interfering with a motor vehicle and theft from a motor vehicle.
The men, who are aged between 21 and 27 and are all from Lowestoft, were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
They have all been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A quantity of property, that is suspected to have been stolen, has been recovered and police are appealing for anyone who may be missing items from their vehicles or who has noticed damage that may be related to an attempted break-in to come forward.
Anyone with information that may assist with enquiries is urged to contact the Neighbourhood Response Team in Lowestoft at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 79319/17.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries