Mental health staff take part in charity parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Staff from hospitals and councils across Norfolk and Suffolk took part in the Parkrun in Lowestoft.
More than 30 staff members from the region ran, walked, pushed pushchairs and provided support from the sidelines throughout the 5km course on Saturday, March 24.
Staff from Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, Suffolk County Council and Norfolk County Council, who are working across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mental Health Team got together to complete the run.
They also put their hands in their pockets to raise some money for two local mental health charities.
The Great Yarmouth team donated money to equipping a portable building for groups and tenants at supported housing at Astley Cooper Place in the town.
You may also want to watch:
In Lowestoft, staff elected to support Young Carers who provide support for children of mental health service users in the area.
A spokesman said: 'There were a few aches and pains, but everyone had a great time. What a great way to meet new people, get out in the fresh air and get a little exercise.'
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment