Merging on ridiculous
DO you think the new measures for the 'merge in turn' operation on the approach to the bascule bridge in Lowestoft could help the flow of traffic?On September 1 I had to travel the road I try to avoid.
DO you think the new measures for the 'merge in turn' operation on the approach to the bascule bridge in Lowestoft could help the flow of traffic?
On September 1 I had to travel the road I try to avoid. Backed up to the Asda roundabout? This can't happen if 'merge in turn' is used. Ha ha!
Two lanes backed up … not to the Asda roundabout, not to the King's roundabout … but right up Tom Crisp Way, yes, two lanes all the way through.
Finally reaching King's roundabout I thought I would divert through Oulton Broad. Travelling west I noticed the traffic heading toward the bridge was backed up to Kimberley Road. At the mini roundabout at the top of Kirkley Run I met the traffic queuing to get through Oulton Broad. There was also a queue of traffic waiting to get out of Kirkley Run, to add to the misery whether they were to go left or right.
You may also want to watch:
Inching forward, finally reaching the School Road roundabout, rather than wait longer, I took a left into Colville Road. Traffic heading toward the School Road roundabout queing up to Boon Drive.
Reaching the next mini roundabout in Conrad Road I met the traffic jam yet again. This queue was along Elm Tree Road going past the school. I finally reached my destination north of the bridge by going via Beccles and taking the Great Yarmouth road.
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Fire fighters called to school after solar panel convertor fire
- 10 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
I class myself as lucky, I can avoid this nightmare most of the time. Some people must get caught up in this every day.
Four into three don't go. I vote for a four lane bridge. This should have been done back in 1972 when the bridge was first replaced.