Amateur photographer’s image to be seen across the country after winning national award
- Credit: Archant
A picture taken by a budding Lowestoft photographer will appear in households across the country after being selected for inclusion in a national calender.
Michael Baker's image depicting a snow white owl gazing into a camera mid-flight will be featured in the wilko Wild Bird Calender 2019.
He was one of 12 winners who will see their photography featured in the calender and he also received a £100 wilko voucher.
Mr Baker said: 'I am a keen amateur wildlife photographer and I really enjoy taking pictures of wild owls.
'What I love about this image is that the owl was looking directly at me, I thought it would be a great addition to the calender.'
You may also want to watch:
Neil Fairhurst, pets buyer at wilko, was part of the panel who selected the photographs to be included in the calender.
He said: 'It was a tough decision as there could only ever be 12 winners, but we were extremely impressed by Michael's photo.'
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 8 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say