Amateur photographer’s image to be seen across the country after winning national award
- Credit: Archant
A picture taken by a budding Lowestoft photographer will appear in households across the country after being selected for inclusion in a national calender.
Michael Baker's image depicting a snow white owl gazing into a camera mid-flight will be featured in the wilko Wild Bird Calender 2019.
He was one of 12 winners who will see their photography featured in the calender and he also received a £100 wilko voucher.
Mr Baker said: 'I am a keen amateur wildlife photographer and I really enjoy taking pictures of wild owls.
'What I love about this image is that the owl was looking directly at me, I thought it would be a great addition to the calender.'
You may also want to watch:
Neil Fairhurst, pets buyer at wilko, was part of the panel who selected the photographs to be included in the calender.
He said: 'It was a tough decision as there could only ever be 12 winners, but we were extremely impressed by Michael's photo.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 How well do you know Lowestoft?