Amateur photographer’s image to be seen across the country after winning national award
- Credit: Archant
A picture taken by a budding Lowestoft photographer will appear in households across the country after being selected for inclusion in a national calender.
Michael Baker's image depicting a snow white owl gazing into a camera mid-flight will be featured in the wilko Wild Bird Calender 2019.
He was one of 12 winners who will see their photography featured in the calender and he also received a £100 wilko voucher.
Mr Baker said: 'I am a keen amateur wildlife photographer and I really enjoy taking pictures of wild owls.
'What I love about this image is that the owl was looking directly at me, I thought it would be a great addition to the calender.'
You may also want to watch:
Neil Fairhurst, pets buyer at wilko, was part of the panel who selected the photographs to be included in the calender.
He said: 'It was a tough decision as there could only ever be 12 winners, but we were extremely impressed by Michael's photo.'
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft