Search

Microwave oven blaze tackled in Lowestoft

PUBLISHED: 10:58 31 January 2011

FIREFIGHTERS spent just under 20 minutes tackling a “small” blaze in a microwave at a Lowestoft home.

A crew from Lowestoft South fire station and one from North Lowestoft station were called out at 10.02pm last night (Sunday) following reports of a kitchen fire in Harrington Avenue, Lowestoft.

On arrival, the crews discovered a “small fire in microwave,” and after dealing with this the scene was cleared by 10.19pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal