Missing man and dog found safe after early morning search
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called into action after a man and his dog were reported missing during the early hours of the morning.
HM Lowestoft and Southwold were alerted by Suffolk Police at 3.22am, on Sunday, January 21, to assist in a search for a missing dog walker.
Rescue officer David Burwood said: 'The man had left his property earlier in the day and there were concerns for his wellbeing especially given how cold it was on Sunday morning,'
The Lowestoft and Southwold team, along with the Gorleston coastguard crew, were tasked with searching from Lowestoft Beach to Tramp's Alley, in Corton.
Mr Burwood said: 'We searched along the beach and seafront and eventually located the man and his dog sitting on some wooden groynes.
You may also want to watch:
'The gentleman was in a confused state and suffering from hypothermia. He was given first aid and taken to hospital by Suffolk Police.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree