Mixture of sleet and snow begins to fall in north Suffolk
SOME residents in Suffolk have woken to a mixture of sleet and snow, with forecaster predicting that icy conditions will grip the county overnight.
Jim Bacon, of WeatherQuest, said temperatures today will reach a maximum of 3C with 'raw and cold' winds.
He said: 'It looks set to be a cloudy day with raw winds, sleet and snow – we are getting the whole nine yards of wintry weather here.'
And as the sleet falls on Lowestoft this afternoon, Mr Bacon warned that today's 'marginal' weather would bring in icy conditions overnight.
'Anyone travelling tonight or thinking of getting out early tomorrow to finish Christmas shopping will be faced with ice on the roads,' he added.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service have warned motorists to travel safely during the potentially hazardous conditions.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: 'While the snowy conditions continue to present a hazard, particularly on smaller roads and side streets, motorists should remain particularly careful.
- 1 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 2 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 5 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 6 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
'The public should wear appropriate footwear whilst out in icy and snowy conditions to avoid injury, and only making necessary journeys by road.
'We rely on the public's good sense to use the 999 service wisely.'