Mmm, tasty! Journal and EDP team boosted by Beach Radio donut run
- Credit: Archant
Writing a newspaper and keeping people up-to-date with breaking news online every week is hungry work.
But thankfully this week there was a much-needed boost to help The Journaland EDP Lowestoft team get through another busy news week after The Beach Radio kindly chose the UK's most easterly newspaper in its daily donut run.
The team filled in the radio station's online form in the hope there might be a snack to help through another long day reporting all the goings on across Lowestoft and Southwold.
And just when they needed a sugar rush to power through this week's mix of news and features, Beach Patrol Cat - also known Catherine Hughes, outside events team leader and station co-ordinator - arrived with plenty of donuts to go round.
Asked on air why he thought the team deserved them, Journal editor Andrew Papworth said: 'Because we're a hard-working team and the donuts will help us to get through the rest of the week.'
You may also want to watch:
Reporters Simon Ward, Joe Randlesome and Mark Boggis weren't too greedy though - visitors to the office were offered a sugary treat and a number of donuts were generously despatched to our sister title, the Beccles and Bungay Journal, via our photographer Nick Butcher.
Ms Hughes added: 'I'm out and about each weekday morning delivering a sweet jammy treat to companies across the east coast. To request a 'donut run', simply fill in the form on the station website, www.thebeach.co.uk.'
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
People can hear which workplace has benefited from the delicious snacks by tuning into FM 103.4 and 97.4, or by listening online and through The Beach app.