Moonlite walk and a Starr attraction for appeal
A SPECIAL moonlite walk in Lowestoft next month (October) will raise funds for Palliative Care East.
A series of events will be held in October to raise both smiles and money for the Palliative Care appeal.
Circus Starr arrives in Great Yarmouth on Sunday, October 24 to raise thousands of pounds for local charities from the advance sales of tickets to local businesses. These tickets can then be donated to local community groups.
The circus, which will be at Yarmouth Racecourse and will host two shows at 2pm and 5pm, is a magical mix of top-flight acrobatics, breathtaking balancing and non-stop comedy.
A cheque for �750 was recently presented to the appeal by the president of the Great Yarmouth and Caister Golf Club after the money was raised on the Richard Masterson President's Day.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to runners from the James Paget University Hospital and GP Simon Worsley for completing the Great North Run for the appeal. Anyone still wanting to donate can do so via the Palliative Care East Appeal, James Paget Hospital, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston, NR31 6LA.
Events coming up include:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 4 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 10 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
Wednesday, October 6: Filby Bridge Restaurant Quiz (01493 368142).
Friday, October 22: Moonlite Walk, Lowestoft Seafront, from Hotel Victoria. Bacon rolls to finish! �5, 7.30pm start.
Friday, October 29: Best of Brass Concert, 7.30pm, Hippodrome Circus. Tickets �7. Seventy musicians with top soloists, compere Tony Mallion. In aid of The Salvation Army, Toys and Tins Appeal and the Palliative Care East Appeal.