Moonlite walk and a Starr attraction for appeal
A SPECIAL moonlite walk in Lowestoft next month (October) will raise funds for Palliative Care East.
A series of events will be held in October to raise both smiles and money for the Palliative Care appeal.
Circus Starr arrives in Great Yarmouth on Sunday, October 24 to raise thousands of pounds for local charities from the advance sales of tickets to local businesses. These tickets can then be donated to local community groups.
The circus, which will be at Yarmouth Racecourse and will host two shows at 2pm and 5pm, is a magical mix of top-flight acrobatics, breathtaking balancing and non-stop comedy.
A cheque for �750 was recently presented to the appeal by the president of the Great Yarmouth and Caister Golf Club after the money was raised on the Richard Masterson President's Day.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to runners from the James Paget University Hospital and GP Simon Worsley for completing the Great North Run for the appeal. Anyone still wanting to donate can do so via the Palliative Care East Appeal, James Paget Hospital, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston, NR31 6LA.
Events coming up include:
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
Wednesday, October 6: Filby Bridge Restaurant Quiz (01493 368142).
Friday, October 22: Moonlite Walk, Lowestoft Seafront, from Hotel Victoria. Bacon rolls to finish! �5, 7.30pm start.
Friday, October 29: Best of Brass Concert, 7.30pm, Hippodrome Circus. Tickets �7. Seventy musicians with top soloists, compere Tony Mallion. In aid of The Salvation Army, Toys and Tins Appeal and the Palliative Care East Appeal.