More bad weather ahead for Waveney
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.
According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
It follows a series of dramatic incidents this weekend, with strong winds ripping off roof tiles and damaging walls and trees. A mini-tornado in Lowestoft sent a large tree crashing down into the path of a car. The occupants escaped without serious injury.
John Law, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'It is going to stay very unsettled this week. There will be stronger winds coming through as we head into Wednesday and Thursday. It is going to be a very blustery week.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Law said there is 'not an awful lot of rain' expected today (Tuesday) but it is expected to rain overnight on Wednesday and Thursday. But he said the good news is that it will be 'very mild' with temperatures at about 13c to 14c.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached