More bad weather ahead for Waveney
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.
According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
It follows a series of dramatic incidents this weekend, with strong winds ripping off roof tiles and damaging walls and trees. A mini-tornado in Lowestoft sent a large tree crashing down into the path of a car. The occupants escaped without serious injury.
John Law, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'It is going to stay very unsettled this week. There will be stronger winds coming through as we head into Wednesday and Thursday. It is going to be a very blustery week.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Law said there is 'not an awful lot of rain' expected today (Tuesday) but it is expected to rain overnight on Wednesday and Thursday. But he said the good news is that it will be 'very mild' with temperatures at about 13c to 14c.
- 1 Delays expected for bridge works
- 2 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 3 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 4 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 5 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 6 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 7 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 8 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 9 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 10 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar