More bad weather ahead for Waveney
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.
According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
It follows a series of dramatic incidents this weekend, with strong winds ripping off roof tiles and damaging walls and trees. A mini-tornado in Lowestoft sent a large tree crashing down into the path of a car. The occupants escaped without serious injury.
John Law, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'It is going to stay very unsettled this week. There will be stronger winds coming through as we head into Wednesday and Thursday. It is going to be a very blustery week.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Law said there is 'not an awful lot of rain' expected today (Tuesday) but it is expected to rain overnight on Wednesday and Thursday. But he said the good news is that it will be 'very mild' with temperatures at about 13c to 14c.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 6 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast