More bad weather ahead for Waveney
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
MORE unsettled weather is expected following this weekends fierce winds which battered north Suffolk.
According to forecasters, this week will be blustery with strong winds building up as we head towards the weekend.
It follows a series of dramatic incidents this weekend, with strong winds ripping off roof tiles and damaging walls and trees. A mini-tornado in Lowestoft sent a large tree crashing down into the path of a car. The occupants escaped without serious injury.
John Law, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: 'It is going to stay very unsettled this week. There will be stronger winds coming through as we head into Wednesday and Thursday. It is going to be a very blustery week.'
Mr Law said there is 'not an awful lot of rain' expected today (Tuesday) but it is expected to rain overnight on Wednesday and Thursday. But he said the good news is that it will be 'very mild' with temperatures at about 13c to 14c.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 6 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores