More great events planned for Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
What a great event Lowestoft Vision's 1940s weekend was.
The weekend of May 27/28 saw the town centre transformed back in time with thousands enjoying the vintage cars, stalls and the entertainment.
It was incredible to see so many people entering into the spirit of the event and getting dressed up in 1940s costumes.
A big thank you to all the shops and businesses that supported Lowestoft Vision with this event. We will certainly be repeating it again next year.
The hanging baskets and planters are now in place and looking great. A letter in The Journal last week was complimenting Waveney District Council on the floral displays, thank you for that but they are not provided by our friends at the council as many may assume – they are another Lowestoft Vision project!
You may also want to watch:
The next big event is the Summer Festival the weekend of July 22/23.
This year is going to bigger and better with nine Lowestoft's Got Talent acts on stage on the Royal Green on Saturday afternoon as well as many other acts to keep you entertained – including a Samba band.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 10 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
We have the sandcastle competition, exhibition stalls, craft stalls, sports clubs, children's rides and much, much more.
As in previous years, Lowestoft Vision will be launching our Summer trail as part of the Summer Festival. The Turtles have retired, and this year we have Freddie Fish and Friends – you are going to love them.
The trail will be the same format, but this year we have added a stamp competition so children can collect and enter a prize draw.
We are in the middle of Summer but we are already planning this year's Christmas events and would like to hear from shoppers if they would support a Lowestoft Christmas late night shopping event for one evening the week before Christmas.
Please let me know your views by emailing email@example.com