More great events planned for Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
What a great event Lowestoft Vision's 1940s weekend was.
The weekend of May 27/28 saw the town centre transformed back in time with thousands enjoying the vintage cars, stalls and the entertainment.
It was incredible to see so many people entering into the spirit of the event and getting dressed up in 1940s costumes.
A big thank you to all the shops and businesses that supported Lowestoft Vision with this event. We will certainly be repeating it again next year.
The hanging baskets and planters are now in place and looking great. A letter in The Journal last week was complimenting Waveney District Council on the floral displays, thank you for that but they are not provided by our friends at the council as many may assume – they are another Lowestoft Vision project!
You may also want to watch:
The next big event is the Summer Festival the weekend of July 22/23.
This year is going to bigger and better with nine Lowestoft's Got Talent acts on stage on the Royal Green on Saturday afternoon as well as many other acts to keep you entertained – including a Samba band.
- 1 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 5 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 6 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
We have the sandcastle competition, exhibition stalls, craft stalls, sports clubs, children's rides and much, much more.
As in previous years, Lowestoft Vision will be launching our Summer trail as part of the Summer Festival. The Turtles have retired, and this year we have Freddie Fish and Friends – you are going to love them.
The trail will be the same format, but this year we have added a stamp competition so children can collect and enter a prize draw.
We are in the middle of Summer but we are already planning this year's Christmas events and would like to hear from shoppers if they would support a Lowestoft Christmas late night shopping event for one evening the week before Christmas.
Please let me know your views by emailing email@example.com