More rail misery as trains are cancelled
RAIL users have been frustrated this morning by train cancellations.National Express East Anglia said that staffing shortages had led to the problems.
RAIL users have been frustrated this morning by train cancellations.
National Express East Anglia said that staffing shortages had led to the problems.
The 6.40am between Great Yarmouth and London Liverpool Street did not run between Norwich and Ipswich.
The 7.30am from Norwich to Ipswich was also cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Meades, spokesman for National Express East Anglia, said the cancellations were because of staffing problems: 'We have had several instances of short term sickness recently and also with the Bank Holiday there have been one or two issues around leave and covering all the jobs that we need to cover.
'We are sorry if we have to cancel services and to those people who may be affected.'
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 10 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
For more information on services visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com