More rail misery as trains are cancelled
RAIL users have been frustrated this morning by train cancellations.National Express East Anglia said that staffing shortages had led to the problems.
RAIL users have been frustrated this morning by train cancellations.
National Express East Anglia said that staffing shortages had led to the problems.
The 6.40am between Great Yarmouth and London Liverpool Street did not run between Norwich and Ipswich.
The 7.30am from Norwich to Ipswich was also cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Meades, spokesman for National Express East Anglia, said the cancellations were because of staffing problems: 'We have had several instances of short term sickness recently and also with the Bank Holiday there have been one or two issues around leave and covering all the jobs that we need to cover.
'We are sorry if we have to cancel services and to those people who may be affected.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
For more information on services visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com