More rail misery as trains are cancelled
RAIL users have been frustrated this morning by train cancellations.National Express East Anglia said that staffing shortages had led to the problems.
RAIL users have been frustrated this morning by train cancellations.
National Express East Anglia said that staffing shortages had led to the problems.
The 6.40am between Great Yarmouth and London Liverpool Street did not run between Norwich and Ipswich.
The 7.30am from Norwich to Ipswich was also cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Meades, spokesman for National Express East Anglia, said the cancellations were because of staffing problems: 'We have had several instances of short term sickness recently and also with the Bank Holiday there have been one or two issues around leave and covering all the jobs that we need to cover.
'We are sorry if we have to cancel services and to those people who may be affected.'
- 1 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
For more information on services visit www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com