More rain on way for Suffolk
MORE rain and wind is expected this week as the unsettled weather spell looks set to continue.The start of the month yesterdaybegan with heavy rain and blustering winds, and although weather experts believe it will not be as bad this week, showers and a drop in temperature is expected.
MORE rain and wind is expected this week as the unsettled weather spell looks set to continue.
The start of the month yesterdaybegan with heavy rain and blustering winds, and although weather experts believe it will not be as bad this week, showers and a drop in temperature is expected.
Around 10 to 15mm of rain fell in Suffolk yesterday and gusts were up to 40mph because of an area of low pressure sweeping across from the south west of the UK.
Police did not receive any reports of weather-related collisions on the county's roads however there were a few incidents of trees blocking roads.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Weatherquest said: 'There was a very deep area of low pressure coming from the south west. It cleared by the afternoon.
'This week will be a much more unsettled story. It will not be quite as wet or windy as it has been. It will stay blustery and will be a bit cooler than we have been used to, although temperatures will be average for this time of year.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 3 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 4 A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 8 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 9 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
'It will be about 13/14 degrees Celsius (55F). There will be some showers, coming from the westerly direction.'
After a dry summer and fairly mild autumn, yesterday was a grim reminder that winter is well on the way.