More rain on way for Suffolk
MORE rain and wind is expected this week as the unsettled weather spell looks set to continue.The start of the month yesterdaybegan with heavy rain and blustering winds, and although weather experts believe it will not be as bad this week, showers and a drop in temperature is expected.
MORE rain and wind is expected this week as the unsettled weather spell looks set to continue.
The start of the month yesterdaybegan with heavy rain and blustering winds, and although weather experts believe it will not be as bad this week, showers and a drop in temperature is expected.
Around 10 to 15mm of rain fell in Suffolk yesterday and gusts were up to 40mph because of an area of low pressure sweeping across from the south west of the UK.
Police did not receive any reports of weather-related collisions on the county's roads however there were a few incidents of trees blocking roads.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Weatherquest said: 'There was a very deep area of low pressure coming from the south west. It cleared by the afternoon.
'This week will be a much more unsettled story. It will not be quite as wet or windy as it has been. It will stay blustery and will be a bit cooler than we have been used to, although temperatures will be average for this time of year.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 5 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 6 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 7 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 8 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
'It will be about 13/14 degrees Celsius (55F). There will be some showers, coming from the westerly direction.'
After a dry summer and fairly mild autumn, yesterday was a grim reminder that winter is well on the way.