More rain on way for Suffolk
MORE rain and wind is expected this week as the unsettled weather spell looks set to continue.The start of the month yesterdaybegan with heavy rain and blustering winds, and although weather experts believe it will not be as bad this week, showers and a drop in temperature is expected.
MORE rain and wind is expected this week as the unsettled weather spell looks set to continue.
The start of the month yesterdaybegan with heavy rain and blustering winds, and although weather experts believe it will not be as bad this week, showers and a drop in temperature is expected.
Around 10 to 15mm of rain fell in Suffolk yesterday and gusts were up to 40mph because of an area of low pressure sweeping across from the south west of the UK.
Police did not receive any reports of weather-related collisions on the county's roads however there were a few incidents of trees blocking roads.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Weatherquest said: 'There was a very deep area of low pressure coming from the south west. It cleared by the afternoon.
'This week will be a much more unsettled story. It will not be quite as wet or windy as it has been. It will stay blustery and will be a bit cooler than we have been used to, although temperatures will be average for this time of year.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
'It will be about 13/14 degrees Celsius (55F). There will be some showers, coming from the westerly direction.'
After a dry summer and fairly mild autumn, yesterday was a grim reminder that winter is well on the way.