More road closures in Lowestoft add to drivers headaches next week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A second overnight closure of a main road in Lowestoft has been announced.
The A47 on St Peter's Street will be shut in both directions overnight next week for resurfacing work.
Highways England have said that the road will be shut from 8pm to 6am on Tuesday and Wednesday night next week with a diversion in place.
The closure is to allow resurfacing, vegetation clearing, and minor safety improvements.
The High St will also shut in one direction, but will remain open to traffic with temporary traffic lights overnight.
You may also want to watch:
The news comes on the same week as the two-day overnight closure of the Oulton Broad Bridge from Wednesday night to Friday morning, causing more headaches for drivers in Lowestoft.
Drivers are also being warned by the Met Office to take care due to possible snowy and icy conditions that could hit the area next week, with a yellow weather warning in place for the region.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft