More road closures in Lowestoft add to drivers headaches next week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A second overnight closure of a main road in Lowestoft has been announced.
The A47 on St Peter's Street will be shut in both directions overnight next week for resurfacing work.
Highways England have said that the road will be shut from 8pm to 6am on Tuesday and Wednesday night next week with a diversion in place.
The closure is to allow resurfacing, vegetation clearing, and minor safety improvements.
The High St will also shut in one direction, but will remain open to traffic with temporary traffic lights overnight.
You may also want to watch:
The news comes on the same week as the two-day overnight closure of the Oulton Broad Bridge from Wednesday night to Friday morning, causing more headaches for drivers in Lowestoft.
Drivers are also being warned by the Met Office to take care due to possible snowy and icy conditions that could hit the area next week, with a yellow weather warning in place for the region.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man