Motorist abuses bus driver in Lowestoft
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a motorist became abusive towards the driver of a bus in south Lowestoft.
A bus, on route from Kessingland to Great Yarmouth, stopped opposite the Tramways public house in Pakefield about 12.45pm on Saturday (December 4) to let passengers on and off.
The driver then pulled back out into the flow of traffic in the London Road South area but was then overtaken by a vehicle. Moments later the driver of this vehicle stopped and approached the bus shouting abuse.
The bus driver made it clear he was contacting police and the other motorist drove away.
Police are keen to speak to anyone on the bus who witnessed the behaviour and anyone who may have been driving, walking or cycling on London Road Pakefield or London Road South around this time who may have seen any of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
• If you can help please call PC 1506 Coles at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft