Motown charity gig to raise money for hospice and hospital radio
- Credit: Archant
A Motown-inspired charity concert is set to raise money for East Coast Hospice and Hospital Radio Yare.
Sing-a-long-a-Motown' will take place at St Mary the Virgin Church, in Church Road, Blundeston, on Saturday, May 26.
The event, which begins at 7.30pm, features performances from the Somerleyton Strummers and Treble Clef.
It was originally scheduled to take place in March, but was postponed due to the Beast from the East.
Organiser Kimble Reynolds explained his personal connection to the charities.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'My ongoing involvement with hospital radio is very personal as when my mother was in hospital it kept her entertained and aided her recovery.
'I have been a presenter on Hospital Radio Yare for 15 years and I appreciate the help it can be for the patients in hospital.
- 1 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
'East Coast Hospice will be an absolute necessity to the community when the hospice is built.'
Motown-inspired fancy dress is encouraged and prizes will be given to the best-dressed.
Tickets, costing £8, are available by calling 01502 732 798.
For more information visit: www.krpianos.co.uk/events