Motown charity gig to raise money for hospice and hospital radio
- Credit: Archant
A Motown-inspired charity concert is set to raise money for East Coast Hospice and Hospital Radio Yare.
Sing-a-long-a-Motown' will take place at St Mary the Virgin Church, in Church Road, Blundeston, on Saturday, May 26.
The event, which begins at 7.30pm, features performances from the Somerleyton Strummers and Treble Clef.
It was originally scheduled to take place in March, but was postponed due to the Beast from the East.
Organiser Kimble Reynolds explained his personal connection to the charities.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'My ongoing involvement with hospital radio is very personal as when my mother was in hospital it kept her entertained and aided her recovery.
'I have been a presenter on Hospital Radio Yare for 15 years and I appreciate the help it can be for the patients in hospital.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
'East Coast Hospice will be an absolute necessity to the community when the hospice is built.'
Motown-inspired fancy dress is encouraged and prizes will be given to the best-dressed.
Tickets, costing £8, are available by calling 01502 732 798.
For more information visit: www.krpianos.co.uk/events