Stunning mountain top sunrise shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking photograph of a sunrise from atop a Welsh mountain has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 38-year-old Richard Gowen during a recent trip to Capel Curig and was shot using a Canon 5D Mark III.
Mr Gowen said: 'Me and a friend travelled up to do some hiking and photography. We saw this lovely mountain and camped so we could wake up early to climb ready for sunrise.
'We sat on top of the mountain a good hour waiting to capture the shot.
'I really like the shot and was such a stunning view and well worth the climb.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Gowen receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend