MP hails boost to town economy– ‘2016 will be a year of delivery’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It has been hailed as a good week for Lowestoft – and 2016 looks set to be 'a year of delivery' for the district.
That was the reaction of Waveney MP Peter Aldous last night as he welcomed further boosts to the town's economy.
A fortnight ago, it was announced that the town was set to be at the centre of a 'renewable energy revolution' and the positive news continued this week.
The government will invest money into the area, new jobs will be created and the heritage of our town will be preserved.
Mr Aldous said: 'This has been a good week for our area and for the future prosperity of Waveney.
You may also want to watch:
'The spending review has signalled good news about Cefas and the real prospect of a third crossing being realised.
'Security for the fishing industry following the news about Scottish Power's investment is welcomed as is the news about new jobs at Hoseasons and the Zephyr Cams site being developed.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
'2016 will be a year of delivery for Waveney,' Mr Aldous admitted.
? For the full stories, see this week's Journal.