MP’s delight at Help to Buy figures in Waveney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
New figures have shown that a scheme has helped 141 people to buy their own home in Waveney.
Waveney MP Peter Aldous has welcomed the new figures, which show that Help to Buy has helped 141 people to buy their own home in the district.
Help to Buy was introduced by the Conservatives to help working people doing the right thing and saving for a deposit to achieve their aspiration of buying their own home. Across the country, Help to Buy has now enabled nearly 120,000 families to buy a new home, less than three years since it was launched.
Mr Aldous said: 'Conservatives are committed to helping working people achieve the aspiration of buying their own home and our Help to Buy scheme has now helped 141 families to buy their own home in Waveney.
'The stronger economy and financial system means the Government expects banks to start to exit our Help to Buy Mortgage scheme, and it was introduced in times of financial distress and will come to an end next year in any case.
You may also want to watch:
'The Help to Buy shared equity scheme goes from strength to strength and our new Help to Buy ISA we're launching in December will provide generous support to those saving for their first home by providing a government boost on their deposit,' he added.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 6 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 7 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 8 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 9 Coastal Post Office branch to close for four weeks
- 10 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing