MPs celebrate Suffolk Day in parliament
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk's seven MPs showcased some of the finest food, drink and entertainment from across the county as part of a celebration in parliament.
Peter Aldous, James Cartlidge, Jo Churchill, Therese Coffey, Matt Hancock, Sandy Martin and Dan Poulter welcomed exhibitors from each of their constituencies in recognition of Suffolk Day.
Aspall Cider, Fen Farm Dairy and Greene King were among the companies involved as the county celebrations hit the capital.
In a joint statement, the MPs said: 'Suffolk Day is about embracing and celebrating all that makes our county the best place to live.
'It is only right, therefore, that we take Suffolk Day celebrations nationwide and what better place to showcase this than in our parliament.
You may also want to watch:
'Above all else, if we can capture the outstanding spirit of Suffolk folk at our 'Suffolk Day in Parliament' event, it will be a worthy and fitting addition to the day's celebrations.'
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van