MPs celebrate Suffolk Day in parliament
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk's seven MPs showcased some of the finest food, drink and entertainment from across the county as part of a celebration in parliament.
Peter Aldous, James Cartlidge, Jo Churchill, Therese Coffey, Matt Hancock, Sandy Martin and Dan Poulter welcomed exhibitors from each of their constituencies in recognition of Suffolk Day.
Aspall Cider, Fen Farm Dairy and Greene King were among the companies involved as the county celebrations hit the capital.
In a joint statement, the MPs said: 'Suffolk Day is about embracing and celebrating all that makes our county the best place to live.
'It is only right, therefore, that we take Suffolk Day celebrations nationwide and what better place to showcase this than in our parliament.
You may also want to watch:
'Above all else, if we can capture the outstanding spirit of Suffolk folk at our 'Suffolk Day in Parliament' event, it will be a worthy and fitting addition to the day's celebrations.'
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park