MPs celebrate Suffolk Day in parliament
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk's seven MPs showcased some of the finest food, drink and entertainment from across the county as part of a celebration in parliament.
Peter Aldous, James Cartlidge, Jo Churchill, Therese Coffey, Matt Hancock, Sandy Martin and Dan Poulter welcomed exhibitors from each of their constituencies in recognition of Suffolk Day.
Aspall Cider, Fen Farm Dairy and Greene King were among the companies involved as the county celebrations hit the capital.
In a joint statement, the MPs said: 'Suffolk Day is about embracing and celebrating all that makes our county the best place to live.
'It is only right, therefore, that we take Suffolk Day celebrations nationwide and what better place to showcase this than in our parliament.
You may also want to watch:
'Above all else, if we can capture the outstanding spirit of Suffolk folk at our 'Suffolk Day in Parliament' event, it will be a worthy and fitting addition to the day's celebrations.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced