Mrs G M Stevens
THE funeral service took place on Thursday, August 27, at All Saints and St Margaret's Church, Pakefield, followed by committal at Gorleston Crematorium of Gladys Margaret Stevens, who died on August 15, aged 104.
THE funeral service took place on Thursday, August 27, at All Saints and St Margaret's Church, Pakefield, followed by committal at Gorleston Crematorium of Gladys Margaret Stevens, who died on August 15, aged 104. The Rev Canon Bob Baker officiated.
Mourners were: Bea Rayner (daughter), Ron Rayner, Tony Stevens (son), Valerie Stevens, Lexi Stevens (granddaughter), Graham Rayner (grandson), Tracy Rayner, Robyn and Brooke Rayner (great grandchildren), Andrew Rayner (grandson), Oliver, Emily and Ashley Rayner (great grandchildren). John, Margaret and Frances Makepeace, David Meaden, Betty Robinson, Dorothy Wilson, Elsie Slade, Jean Dorricott, Paul, Linda and Sophie Miller, Emma Rust, Sheila Hoffman, Sheila Layton, Maggie Carr, Roz Bird, Cynthia Broomfield, Virginia Whitten, Mary Johnstone, Anne Everitt, Mary Pickles, Mary Knights, Lorna Podd, Christine Baker, Jill Thompson, Jean Lockwood, Sandra Bendall, Mollie Moseley, Shirley Young, Gloria Christian. Valerie Beadle, Ivan and Letitia Bullard, Peter Bullard, Major Terry Hooper, Major Eunice Hooper, Joyce Brown (Salvation Army), Carol Howard, Vanda Osborne, Mrs M Bryant, Margaret Spratling, Joan Ruthen, Mrs R Farrow, Mrs J Dale (Hildesley Court), Joy Sterseck (Squirrel Lodge), Joan Eade, Elma Thomson (Faversham Court), Douglas Eade, Margaret Eade, June Stowden, Marie Porter, Peggy Marjoram, Muriel Williamson, Kay Stokes, Sarah Applegate.
Unable to attend: Vanessa O'Toole (granddaughter), Hugo O'Toole (great grandson), Michael Stevens (grandson), Anna, Ben and Rachael Stevens, George and Jean Meaden, Joan Osborne.
The family of the late Gladys Stevens would like to thank everyone for their kind support, cards, attendance at the service and donations for the British Heart Foundation and Palliative Care East. Special thanks to Ward 12 James Paget University Hospital, Rev Canon Bob Baker for the service of celebration for Gladys' long life, to Squirrel Lodge, Hildesley Court and Anglia Co-operative Funerals, 1 Terminus Building, Pakefield Street, Lowestoft. Will all please accept this as the only but most sincere acknowledgment.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 2 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 3 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 8 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open