Mrs L M E Fincham
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.
The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
The service was taken by the Rev Joanna Jacobs.
The Methodist hall was full to capacity with family and friends from the organisations she was part of over her life, including members of High Street Methodist Church Luncheon Club, Barnby Methodist Church and many neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The main family mourners were: Redfred Shulver, Joyce Shulver, Brian and Joy Shulver, George Knights, Mr and Mrs Derek Briggs, Mr and Mrs Andrew Colvin, Mr and Mrs Jimmy Chaston.
The service was a celebration of a very full life of her childhood spent in Barnby, her working life with Courts furnishers and Morling's, where she met late husband Stacey. Her leisure time then was spent caravanning with Stacey. In later years, model boats, model room settings, luncheon clubs with regular attendance at the Barnby Methodist Chapel took up much of her time, until her illness over Christmas.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
The family would like to thank Rev Jo Jacobs for a wonderful service and her team at Barnby Methodist Church, Arthur Jary and sons (funeral directors), all at James Paget Hospital for their care and help, also Evelyn's friends for their kind thoughts and recollections of her life.