Mrs L M E Fincham
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.
The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
The service was taken by the Rev Joanna Jacobs.
The Methodist hall was full to capacity with family and friends from the organisations she was part of over her life, including members of High Street Methodist Church Luncheon Club, Barnby Methodist Church and many neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The main family mourners were: Redfred Shulver, Joyce Shulver, Brian and Joy Shulver, George Knights, Mr and Mrs Derek Briggs, Mr and Mrs Andrew Colvin, Mr and Mrs Jimmy Chaston.
The service was a celebration of a very full life of her childhood spent in Barnby, her working life with Courts furnishers and Morling's, where she met late husband Stacey. Her leisure time then was spent caravanning with Stacey. In later years, model boats, model room settings, luncheon clubs with regular attendance at the Barnby Methodist Chapel took up much of her time, until her illness over Christmas.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 5 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 6 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 9 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
The family would like to thank Rev Jo Jacobs for a wonderful service and her team at Barnby Methodist Church, Arthur Jary and sons (funeral directors), all at James Paget Hospital for their care and help, also Evelyn's friends for their kind thoughts and recollections of her life.