Mrs L M E Fincham
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.
The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
The service was taken by the Rev Joanna Jacobs.
The Methodist hall was full to capacity with family and friends from the organisations she was part of over her life, including members of High Street Methodist Church Luncheon Club, Barnby Methodist Church and many neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The main family mourners were: Redfred Shulver, Joyce Shulver, Brian and Joy Shulver, George Knights, Mr and Mrs Derek Briggs, Mr and Mrs Andrew Colvin, Mr and Mrs Jimmy Chaston.
The service was a celebration of a very full life of her childhood spent in Barnby, her working life with Courts furnishers and Morling's, where she met late husband Stacey. Her leisure time then was spent caravanning with Stacey. In later years, model boats, model room settings, luncheon clubs with regular attendance at the Barnby Methodist Chapel took up much of her time, until her illness over Christmas.
- 1 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 4 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 7 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 8 Where are Norfolk and Waveney's Covid vaccination sites?
- 9 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 10 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
The family would like to thank Rev Jo Jacobs for a wonderful service and her team at Barnby Methodist Church, Arthur Jary and sons (funeral directors), all at James Paget Hospital for their care and help, also Evelyn's friends for their kind thoughts and recollections of her life.