Mrs L M E Fincham
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
THE funeral service took place of Lillian Maud Evelyn Fincham, who died on January 22, after a short illness at Lowestoft Hospital aged 86.
The service took place at Barnby Methodist Church, on February 9, followed by internment at Barnby churchyard.
The service was taken by the Rev Joanna Jacobs.
The Methodist hall was full to capacity with family and friends from the organisations she was part of over her life, including members of High Street Methodist Church Luncheon Club, Barnby Methodist Church and many neighbours.
The main family mourners were: Redfred Shulver, Joyce Shulver, Brian and Joy Shulver, George Knights, Mr and Mrs Derek Briggs, Mr and Mrs Andrew Colvin, Mr and Mrs Jimmy Chaston.
The service was a celebration of a very full life of her childhood spent in Barnby, her working life with Courts furnishers and Morling's, where she met late husband Stacey. Her leisure time then was spent caravanning with Stacey. In later years, model boats, model room settings, luncheon clubs with regular attendance at the Barnby Methodist Chapel took up much of her time, until her illness over Christmas.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 3 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
The family would like to thank Rev Jo Jacobs for a wonderful service and her team at Barnby Methodist Church, Arthur Jary and sons (funeral directors), all at James Paget Hospital for their care and help, also Evelyn's friends for their kind thoughts and recollections of her life.