Police reopen A12 in Suffolk after ‘treacherous’ conditions see multiple crashes take place
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Treacherous early morning driving conditions led to multiple crashes at the same location in north Suffolk – prompting police to urge drivers to 'exercise caution.'
Police were first called to reports of a two car crash on the A12 at Wangford, near Southwold, about 6.10am on Monday – and more crashes have happened since.
A force spokesman said: 'Police were called initially to reports of a two vehicle collision, however subsequent incidents have taken place in the same location. There are no serious injuries.
'Road surface conditions there are described as treacherous.'
Police have closed the southbound lane as a result of the accident and highways teams attended.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened by 9.40am and has been gritted once more.
'Motorists are advised to exercise caution, particularly in the east of the county where sleet, snow and ice are causing challenging driving conditions,' the police spokesman added.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street