Police reopen A12 in Suffolk after ‘treacherous’ conditions see multiple crashes take place
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Treacherous early morning driving conditions led to multiple crashes at the same location in north Suffolk – prompting police to urge drivers to 'exercise caution.'
Police were first called to reports of a two car crash on the A12 at Wangford, near Southwold, about 6.10am on Monday – and more crashes have happened since.
A force spokesman said: 'Police were called initially to reports of a two vehicle collision, however subsequent incidents have taken place in the same location. There are no serious injuries.
'Road surface conditions there are described as treacherous.'
Police have closed the southbound lane as a result of the accident and highways teams attended.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened by 9.40am and has been gritted once more.
'Motorists are advised to exercise caution, particularly in the east of the county where sleet, snow and ice are causing challenging driving conditions,' the police spokesman added.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend