Music club needs former DJ’s to help in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The organiser of a new music and dance club is encouraging former DJ's to come forward to help improve the experience for members.
Tim Boardman is running the 'Remember When Music and Dance Club', aimed at the over 40s, every Friday from 7.45pm until 11.45pm at Carlton Colville Community Centre.
After a successful opening night, Mr Boardman is keen to encourage any ex-DJ's to voluntarily pop along on the night, and also any people who may be able to help with the setting up of the venue, or who can assist in creating a group Facebook page.
Members of the club can enjoy listening to music from the 1950s right the way up to the early 1980s.
There is also the hope that the group will also take part in social activities, themed nights, buffets, barbecues and charity fund-raising.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the club is £4 for members and £6 for non-members.
Call Mr Boardman on 01502 514707 or 07501 088625 for more information.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures