Music club needs former DJ’s to help in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The organiser of a new music and dance club is encouraging former DJ's to come forward to help improve the experience for members.
Tim Boardman is running the 'Remember When Music and Dance Club', aimed at the over 40s, every Friday from 7.45pm until 11.45pm at Carlton Colville Community Centre.
After a successful opening night, Mr Boardman is keen to encourage any ex-DJ's to voluntarily pop along on the night, and also any people who may be able to help with the setting up of the venue, or who can assist in creating a group Facebook page.
Members of the club can enjoy listening to music from the 1950s right the way up to the early 1980s.
There is also the hope that the group will also take part in social activities, themed nights, buffets, barbecues and charity fund-raising.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the club is £4 for members and £6 for non-members.
Call Mr Boardman on 01502 514707 or 07501 088625 for more information.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 7 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message