Music, displays, and stalls to mark Armed Forces Day
- Credit: Archant
The Band of the Irish Guards are set to perform at this year's Lowestoft Armed Forces Day event.
Now in its 13th year, the free event will take place on the Royal Green on Saturday, and brings past, present, and future service men and women to the area along with arena events displays and stalls.
It will run from 10am to 4pm with the drumhead service at noon, and will include the Royal British Legion Band, the Norwich Pipe Band and the static spitfire from Simply Spitfire will be on display, with the Irish Guards also playing.
There will also be a display from the Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal unit, vintage military vehicles, arena displays by cadets, and stalls from ex-service associations and charities.
There will be fun for the children too with a bouncy castle, and food and drink on offer.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which is free to attend, is supported by local businesses including Lings Honda, the East of England Co-op, this is db and Richardson Printing.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van