Music, displays, and stalls to mark Armed Forces Day
- Credit: Archant
The Band of the Irish Guards are set to perform at this year's Lowestoft Armed Forces Day event.
Now in its 13th year, the free event will take place on the Royal Green on Saturday, and brings past, present, and future service men and women to the area along with arena events displays and stalls.
It will run from 10am to 4pm with the drumhead service at noon, and will include the Royal British Legion Band, the Norwich Pipe Band and the static spitfire from Simply Spitfire will be on display, with the Irish Guards also playing.
There will also be a display from the Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal unit, vintage military vehicles, arena displays by cadets, and stalls from ex-service associations and charities.
There will be fun for the children too with a bouncy castle, and food and drink on offer.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which is free to attend, is supported by local businesses including Lings Honda, the East of England Co-op, this is db and Richardson Printing.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 7 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 8 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'