My tears at air festival
I ATTEMPTED to cross the main road by Kensington Gardens to go to the first day of the air festival on my 4mph scooter.Much to my dismay, every single ramp on all the corner kerbs were totally blocked by cars, vans and camper vans.
I ATTEMPTED to cross the main road by Kensington Gardens to go to the first day of the air festival on my 4mph scooter.
Much to my dismay, every single ramp on all the corner kerbs were totally blocked by cars, vans and camper vans. Worst of all was that they were on the busy and dangerous corner at Pakefield Street.
I give a vote of thanks to one elderly man who was willing to move a metal blockage allowing me to pass and at least get back onto the pavement by the park gates.
My scooter later broke down forcing my husband to call Carlton Road Mobility and a man arrived with a buggy to get me home. In the meantime, my husband brought our car to get me home. He temporarily parked across a single white line across a back alley. A man approached him and told him firmly: 'You're not parking there!' My husband pulled off and being unsuccessful in finding a small parking space, returned and put on his emergency lights so the recovery service could locate us.
You may also want to watch:
A day supposed to be a happy festival turned out to be a nightmare. I was in tears. The council goes to all the trouble to provide these places for disabled people to use, making life better.
Please, please, drivers be aware that you are dangerously parking. Something needs to be done to deal with it. People should use a little thought as to where and how they park.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
Mrs JOAN BONWICK
Kirkley Park Road