WATCH: ‘I thought it was a shark’ - mystery creature spotted in sea
- Credit: Archant
A mystery creature has been spotted swimming off the Lowestoft coast.
Ben Darling was walking near Ness point at around 9am today (Thursday, August 23) when he noticed a dark figure in the water.
The 39-year-old plumber said: 'As first I just thought it was a buoy it disappeared - then I saw a fin.
'I thought it was a shark - you see a fin and you just think shark. But then I thought 'not in these waters'.'
Mr Darling, who was with his four-year-old son, watched the mystery figure for around 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I mentioned the word shark and he got very excited - it was interesting to see but I couldn't see a head or a tail.
'When I got home I showed my daughters they said it was dolphins, but it could be porpoises.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
'All I could see was a black fin.'