Mystery surrounds closure of Jolly Sailors bar and restaurant
MYSTERY surrounds the sudden closure of a popular Pakefield bar and restaurant, just weeks before the busy festive period.
The Jolly Sailors bar and restaurant - renowned for their 'carvery, choice and excellent service' - was listed as closed last week, with only a sign on the front door to alert customers.
It now appears that bookings made for Christmas meals in forthcoming weeks at the 52-seater seaside restaurant, based in Pakefield Street, are in doubt. Journal readers, who were due to dine in the restaurant, have contacted us in recent days to say that they have been added to a list of creditors.
'The only news is provided by a letter on the front door stating that the management company entered the building on November 16 to make the property safe, not to cancel the lease - what does this cryptic note mean?' one reader said.
• Have you been affected by the closure? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have. For more details on this story be sure to buy this Friday's Journal.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'