Mystery surrounds closure of Jolly Sailors bar and restaurant
MYSTERY surrounds the sudden closure of a popular Pakefield bar and restaurant, just weeks before the busy festive period.
The Jolly Sailors bar and restaurant - renowned for their 'carvery, choice and excellent service' - was listed as closed last week, with only a sign on the front door to alert customers.
It now appears that bookings made for Christmas meals in forthcoming weeks at the 52-seater seaside restaurant, based in Pakefield Street, are in doubt. Journal readers, who were due to dine in the restaurant, have contacted us in recent days to say that they have been added to a list of creditors.
'The only news is provided by a letter on the front door stating that the management company entered the building on November 16 to make the property safe, not to cancel the lease - what does this cryptic note mean?' one reader said.
• Have you been affected by the closure? E-mail email@example.com if you have. For more details on this story be sure to buy this Friday's Journal.
- 1 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 2 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 3 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 4 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 5 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 6 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 7 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 8 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 9 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 10 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler