Mystery surrounds closure of Jolly Sailors bar and restaurant
MYSTERY surrounds the sudden closure of a popular Pakefield bar and restaurant, just weeks before the busy festive period.
The Jolly Sailors bar and restaurant - renowned for their 'carvery, choice and excellent service' - was listed as closed last week, with only a sign on the front door to alert customers.
It now appears that bookings made for Christmas meals in forthcoming weeks at the 52-seater seaside restaurant, based in Pakefield Street, are in doubt. Journal readers, who were due to dine in the restaurant, have contacted us in recent days to say that they have been added to a list of creditors.
'The only news is provided by a letter on the front door stating that the management company entered the building on November 16 to make the property safe, not to cancel the lease - what does this cryptic note mean?' one reader said.
• Have you been affected by the closure? E-mail email@example.com if you have. For more details on this story be sure to buy this Friday's Journal.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham