Do you recognise these names found inscribed on an old chimney?
- Credit: Archant
Names and messages dating back more than 100 years have been found etched on an old chimney in Lowestoft.
The fascinating inscriptions were discovered by Clem Jones, who has been working at the property on North Parade for a maintenance company.
Having clambered to the top of the property, Mr Jones stumbled upon a chimney stack covered in writing and engravings - including several intriguing names and dates.
One of the messages appears to read '1918 The Year of Peace', likely to be a reference to the end of the First World War.
Do you recognise any of these names and messages? Please let us know in the comments below.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle