National powerboat championship to cause waves in Lowestoft this weekend
- Credit: Photo: Offshore Circuit Racing Drivers Assosciation
A popular and fast-paced sea racing sport will make Lowestoft its home for this weekend's national race event.
Offshore circuit racing has grown massively in popularity over the last few years, with over 31 teams competing in the season last year.
From Friday, August 2, racers will arrive from all over the country with their two-seater power boats for two days of racing.
It is the fourth round of seven races in this year's national championship.
Races begin on Saturday, August 3, and go on until Sunday, August 4, from 11.30am until 1.00pm.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators can get views of the race from the South Pier's Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club, all along Lowestoft and Kirley beaches, as far down as Pakefield road.
For more information go to www.ocrda.com/calendar
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk