National powerboat championship to cause waves in Lowestoft this weekend
- Credit: Photo: Offshore Circuit Racing Drivers Assosciation
A popular and fast-paced sea racing sport will make Lowestoft its home for this weekend's national race event.
Offshore circuit racing has grown massively in popularity over the last few years, with over 31 teams competing in the season last year.
From Friday, August 2, racers will arrive from all over the country with their two-seater power boats for two days of racing.
It is the fourth round of seven races in this year's national championship.
Races begin on Saturday, August 3, and go on until Sunday, August 4, from 11.30am until 1.00pm.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators can get views of the race from the South Pier's Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club, all along Lowestoft and Kirley beaches, as far down as Pakefield road.
For more information go to www.ocrda.com/calendar
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in