Nationwide manhunt launched
A NATIONWIDE manhunt has been launched as police look to trace a man in connection with alleged child sex attacks.Detectives from Greater Manchester Police have issued a photograph of Colin Molloy as they look to The 44-year-old was last known to be working in Blackpool in 2007.
A NATIONWIDE manhunt has been launched as police look to trace a man in connection with alleged child sex attacks.
Detectives from Greater Manchester Police have issued a photograph of Colin Molloy as they look to
The 44-year-old was last known to be working in Blackpool in 2007. He has lived in Baguley, Withington and Sale and is also thought to have links with Durham - but detectives are appealing for any sightings of him across the country.
This image was taken around 10 years ago, but officers believe his appearance may not have changed significantly.
He is described as being white, 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build and of scruffy appearance. He also has bad teeth and a squint in his right eye. Molloy is known to do work as a handyman or gardener for cash.
Police are investigating allegations Molloy raped a seven-year-old girl and another girl who was aged four at the time. Officers would also like to trace him in connection with an allegation of sexual assault against a boy.
- 1 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 2 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 Father-of-four gets driving ban after night out in resort
- 7 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 8 Who put them up there? The mystery of the Lowestoft scarecrows
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
Detective Constable Rachel Di Nicola, of Trafford CID, said: "I'd urge people to have a good look at the photograph and ask yourself if you've seen him. All we need is one phone call. I can assure anyone who offers information that it will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
"Molloy moves around the country befriending families and gaining their trust, in particular vulnerable families in need of an extra pair of hands.
Anyone who knows of Molloy's whereabouts should call police on 0161 856 7570 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555