Neighbourly volunteer scheme to launch
A VOLUNTARY project which helps elderly and vulnerable people could soon be launched in Oulton Broad.The Good Neighbour scheme, which is championed by the Suffolk ACRE charity and already operates in 20 places around Suffolk, encourages people to volunteer to help others in the community with simple every day tasks.
A VOLUNTARY project which helps elderly and vulnerable people could soon be launched in Oulton Broad.
The Good Neighbour scheme, which is championed by the Suffolk ACRE charity and already operates in 20 places around Suffolk, encourages people to volunteer to help others in the community with simple every day tasks.
Households in Oulton Broad will receive a questionnaire in the next few days so that they can tell organisers what help they would need or would be willing to offer.
Scheme co-ordinator Gavin Hodge said that help can include helping people with their shopping, collecting pensions and prescriptions and carrying out minor domestic tasks and repairs.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'No volunteer is expected to do everything or be available all the time. It's a case of the more the merrier. When we launch the scheme we will make sure that every resident in the area knows the helpline number so they can call the scheme for help of the kind listed.'
To find out more about the scheme or to help with the delivery and collection of the questionnaire, contact Gavin Hodge on 01473 242538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 8 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid