Neighbourly volunteer scheme to launch
A VOLUNTARY project which helps elderly and vulnerable people could soon be launched in Oulton Broad.The Good Neighbour scheme, which is championed by the Suffolk ACRE charity and already operates in 20 places around Suffolk, encourages people to volunteer to help others in the community with simple every day tasks.
A VOLUNTARY project which helps elderly and vulnerable people could soon be launched in Oulton Broad.
The Good Neighbour scheme, which is championed by the Suffolk ACRE charity and already operates in 20 places around Suffolk, encourages people to volunteer to help others in the community with simple every day tasks.
Households in Oulton Broad will receive a questionnaire in the next few days so that they can tell organisers what help they would need or would be willing to offer.
Scheme co-ordinator Gavin Hodge said that help can include helping people with their shopping, collecting pensions and prescriptions and carrying out minor domestic tasks and repairs.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'No volunteer is expected to do everything or be available all the time. It's a case of the more the merrier. When we launch the scheme we will make sure that every resident in the area knows the helpline number so they can call the scheme for help of the kind listed.'
To find out more about the scheme or to help with the delivery and collection of the questionnaire, contact Gavin Hodge on 01473 242538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death