Popular NessFest set to return this half-term in virtual setting
- Credit: Archant
A one-day arts festival designed especially for young people returns next week with workshops and activities being held online.
NessFest will return on Tuesday, October 27 offering free arts activities aimed exclusively at 11 to 19-year-olds.
Events usually take place in Lowestoft town centre however due to Covid-19 restrictions, all this year’s events and activities will be available online.
Organised by the Lowestoft Cultural Education Partnership with Lowestoft Rising and Festival Bridge, events will take place via Zoom, a dedicated website and YouTube.
Activities include musical theatre dance workshops with Dance East; a musical workshop with local musician Helen Hayes; a literacy and creative writing workshop with writer Daisy Henwood; a crafting workshop with Genevieve Rudd; a Lowestoft lockdown mix with DJ Ben Osborne and photography, breadmaking, hairstyling and more.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Aves, change manager for Lowestoft Rising, said: “NessFest has been a popular event over the past two years, with many young people taking part in the free activities.
“With all that has happened this year, we are delighted to be able to bring NessFest back again, albeit in a virtual way.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 3 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 4 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 5 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 6 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 7 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 8 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 9 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 10 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
“Thanks to the support of our partners, we are once again able to offer local young people the opportunity to safely experience a wide range of arts activities.”
Some events need to be booked – to view the full programme of NessFest online events and book your place, please visit lowestoftrising.com/nessfest