‘A game changer’: New 24-hour ‘no contract’ gym opens in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A brand new 24-hour gym is opening in Lowestoft, just in time for those whose New Year's resolution is to burn off those festive mince pies.
Open 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and operating under a subscription fee as opposed to a contract, the Gym Group say they are bringing their "award-winning flexible fitness" to Lowestoft, serving growing demands in the area.
The Gym will provided a brand new gym for the area when it opens it doors in early 2020.
It will be located next door to Aldi at the Gateway Retail Park, on Tower Road.
"The Gym Group's mission is to make health and fitness facilities accessible and affordable to everyone," a spokesperson said.
You may also want to watch:
"Like the other 170+ gyms in the group, The Gym Lowestoft will offer what members say they need and want - access to brand new equipment in a state-of-the-art gym that is bright, clean and safe, with exceptional customer service, all at affordable low prices."
There will also be free classes, free parking, free members Wi-Fi, and a no-contract benefit.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 6 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
To celebrate their launch, the group are offering a discounted fee of £12.99 a month with no joining charge if they join on The Gym's website and use a special 'Early Bird' offer.
After the three month period, The Gym will charge £19.99 a month for members.
"This price will not be around for long so snap up this fantastic pre-opening offer," the company said.
More information can be found online by visiting www.thegymgroup.com and selecting 'The Gym Lowestoft'.
Responding to The Gym's opening announcement on Facebook, one person said: "24 hour gym... Game changer for me".
Another person said: "Great offer wish it was north side, it will do well!"
The area has seen a surge in the popularity and demand for gyms, with Palms gym in Hopton having recently been redeveloped as part of a £250,000 upgrade.
Meanwhile in Bungay, the council-owned Bungay Pool and Gym has shut until the summer as a multi-million pound revamp takes place.
You can follow the new gym's progress at 'The Gym Lowestoft' on Facebook and 'the_gym_lowestoft' on Instagram.