New bar opened at Potters, in Hopton
DOZENS of specially-invited guests turned out for the unveiling of what is believed to be the longest lit bar in the UK.The new Atlas Bar, at the Potters Leisure Resort, at Hopton, was opened on Thursday night by Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn.
DOZENS of specially-invited guests turned out for the unveiling of what is believed to be the longest lit bar in the UK.
The new Atlas Bar, at the Potters Leisure Resort, at Hopton, was opened on Thursday night by Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn.
The bar, which is about 90ft long, is thought to be the longest of its kind in the country and features colour-changing lights and plasma screens above the bar showcasing offers and footage of the shows on stage. It is within the Atlas Theatre, which is home to the Atlas Theatre Company.
Mr Gunn said: "I've been to Potters Leisure Resort in the past on many different occasions and I go back many, many years with Brian, Judy and John Potter. They invited me along and I'm delighted to have been asked."
Resort owner Brian Potter said: "It was no small job; the material used for the bar itself is normally used on very expensive yachts and our electrical contractors used more than six and a quarter miles of cabling.
"We now have two wonderful bar areas in the Atlas Theatre and if all the pumps were open at the same time we would be able to serve 20,000 pints in an hour."
- 1 BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- 2 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 3 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 4 Police hunt for teenager with knife who threatened man in town centre
- 5 'Like an earthquake' - Life by Lowestoft's Gull Wing construction site
- 6 Go-ahead for new shops and flats at site of former family-run business
- 7 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Festive fun for all the family at Victorian-themed switch-on event