New chief fire officer for Suffolk
A NEW chief fire officer has been appointed for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.Andy Fry joined Suffolk's fire service in January 2008 as deputy chief fire officer.
A NEW chief fire officer has been appointed for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Andy Fry joined Suffolk's fire service in January 2008 as deputy chief fire officer.
As chief fire officer his responsibilities will include leading the fire and rescue service.
He will be responsible for developing the service to meet the key aims of the county council which include reducing death and injury due to fires, road accidents or other emergencies, and extending the council's community protection work.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fry, who is a father of four daughters and lives in Copford, near Marks Tey, said: 'This is a very proud day for me. As part of the county council, the fire and rescue service already has a great track record for keeping communities across Suffolk safe. We are also making an increasingly significant contribution to other important work - particularly in supporting young people to make positive choices and achieve their potential. I am delighted to have been selected to lead the fantastic team of people we have in the fire service, as we seek opportunities to work with partners in making Suffolk a place where everyone can lead a safe and fulfilling life.'
Councillor Jeremy Pembroke, leader of Suffolk County Council, added: 'We are delighted that Andy has been appointed to the post of chief fire officer. He has demonstrated his very capable leadership skills here through the introduction of initiatives such as the fire officer working directly with students at Chantry High School and overseeing the review of the retained fire service.'
- 1 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 2 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 10 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?