New chief fire officer for Suffolk
A NEW chief fire officer has been appointed for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.Andy Fry joined Suffolk's fire service in January 2008 as deputy chief fire officer.
A NEW chief fire officer has been appointed for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Andy Fry joined Suffolk's fire service in January 2008 as deputy chief fire officer.
As chief fire officer his responsibilities will include leading the fire and rescue service.
He will be responsible for developing the service to meet the key aims of the county council which include reducing death and injury due to fires, road accidents or other emergencies, and extending the council's community protection work.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fry, who is a father of four daughters and lives in Copford, near Marks Tey, said: 'This is a very proud day for me. As part of the county council, the fire and rescue service already has a great track record for keeping communities across Suffolk safe. We are also making an increasingly significant contribution to other important work - particularly in supporting young people to make positive choices and achieve their potential. I am delighted to have been selected to lead the fantastic team of people we have in the fire service, as we seek opportunities to work with partners in making Suffolk a place where everyone can lead a safe and fulfilling life.'
Councillor Jeremy Pembroke, leader of Suffolk County Council, added: 'We are delighted that Andy has been appointed to the post of chief fire officer. He has demonstrated his very capable leadership skills here through the introduction of initiatives such as the fire officer working directly with students at Chantry High School and overseeing the review of the retained fire service.'
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown