New community production to be staged as town’s theatres join forces
- Credit: Archant
A brand new community production will give people the chance to take to the stage in Lowestoft.
It comes as the Marina Theatre and the Seagull Theatre join forces and work together to produce a community production of Oliver! – the much-loved musical by Lionel Bart.
Two information evenings will be held next week – at 7pm on Monday, March 19 at the Marina and at 7.30pm on Wednesday, March 21 at the Seagull – to allow people to find out more about the roles that are available, as well as giving people the chance to book auditions.
Karen Read, manager of the Seagull Theatre, said: 'The whole idea of the information evenings is to let people know about the community play and how they might be able to get involved both on and off stage. This is something we've wanted to make happen for a long time and thanks to Lee at the Marina, we've finally been able to make our dream of the two theatres in the town working together, come true.'
Oliver! will feature the return of the production team from the Seagull's acclaimed Little Shop of Horrors, with musical directors Rebecca George-Broom and Francesca Warren and former Seagull manager and BAFTA nominee John Hales directing. It will run for a total of eight performances, from August 23 to August 25 and from August 30 to September 1.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Henderson, chief executive at the Marina Theatre, said: 'The town is lucky enough to have two excellent theatres that complement each other and don't compete. The chance to offer something new for the community, by our partnering up to produce a much-loved musical, is really exciting for the area.'
Mrs Read added: 'Lee and I are both so excited that we are teaming up to do this and its a lovely whole community opportunity for anyone to come forward and audition.'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
The production is open to anyone who wishes to audition, with the performances also raising funds for the Seagull and the Marina. A full rehearsal schedule will available during the audition process.
Tickets for the performances, which will be available at the start of April to coincide with the Marina Theatre's new season brochure, are priced at £13.75 and £11.75 for concessions.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org