New drive-through McDonald’s planned for former petrol station site
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a brand new McDonald's drive-through in Lowestoft have been submitted.
The new restaurant could replace the disused petrol station on Kirkley Rise opposite the Spring Tide pub.
The planned building would include two floors with a large dining area on the second floor, a children's play area and outdoor seating.
In the design and access statement, the developers said: 'The two storey building will provide a striking presence on the corner plot of the site, providing a landmark building on one of the main routes into the town.
'The wider area is considered of particularly low quality design, the proposed building will provide a high quality finish enhancing the wider Kirkley Rise redevelopment, encouraging investment into the wider site.'
You may also want to watch:
It added: 'The building has been located at the corner of the site to provide a landmark building and presence on the route into and out of Lowestoft.
'Landscaping is provided to enhance the frontages to Mill Road and Kirkley Rise, as detailed on the accompanying landscape plan.'
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 3 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Ambassador School status joy for 'fantastic' primary
- 5 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 6 Photo captures summer solstice sunrise at most easterly point
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 8 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 9 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 10 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
The plans have been submitted to Waveney District Council.
What do you think? Write to Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB or email firstname.lastname@example.org