New drive-through McDonald’s planned for former petrol station site
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a brand new McDonald's drive-through in Lowestoft have been submitted.
The new restaurant could replace the disused petrol station on Kirkley Rise opposite the Spring Tide pub.
The planned building would include two floors with a large dining area on the second floor, a children's play area and outdoor seating.
In the design and access statement, the developers said: 'The two storey building will provide a striking presence on the corner plot of the site, providing a landmark building on one of the main routes into the town.
'The wider area is considered of particularly low quality design, the proposed building will provide a high quality finish enhancing the wider Kirkley Rise redevelopment, encouraging investment into the wider site.'
You may also want to watch:
It added: 'The building has been located at the corner of the site to provide a landmark building and presence on the route into and out of Lowestoft.
'Landscaping is provided to enhance the frontages to Mill Road and Kirkley Rise, as detailed on the accompanying landscape plan.'
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 8 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
The plans have been submitted to Waveney District Council.
What do you think? Write to Lowestoft Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB or email email@example.com