New facility launch at the Kirkley Centre is a success
- Credit: courtesy of Kirkley Centre
Organisers have hailed the launch of a new community training kitchen in Lowestoft as 'a real success.'
Community Action Suffolk's Kirkley Centre held an open day on Thursday, February 9, to celebrate the best of local community and launch a new hot desk facility, as well as the new kitchen.
As a result of the launch organisations looking to teach people to cook now have access to a brand new facility at the Kirkley Centre in Lowestoft.
Kareena Chapman, Kirkley Centre manager, said: 'Today has been a real success, it's been great to see a variety of local people getting to know each other and experience the facilities the Kirkley Centre has to offer.
'Our community training kitchen is going to be really important to Lowestoft, or anyone in Suffolk who wishes to use it.
You may also want to watch:
'Organisations will be able to hire it a low cost and give local people basic cooking skills, which will save them money and educate them how to eat healthily.'
The event also gave charities and organisations the chance to meet and form new partnerships, along with visiting local residents, community workers and Kirkley's Police Community Support Officers.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
One attendee said: 'I love it, it will be great for some children's cookery we are planning.'
The community training kitchen was put through its paces by Realise Futures who ran a live cooking demonstration, baking cakes for visitors to centre.
And organisers explained the new hot desking facility will allow small businesses and organisations to have a low-cost professional base and business address in Lowestoft.
The new kitchen is available to hire at a discounted rate to anyone teaching others to cook, providing a social benefit. Hire costs start from £30.
The Kirkley Centre is a unique business and training venue in Lowestoft which offers a professional, friendly and flexible space to hold meetings, training courses, community groups or conferences.
For more information call 01502 558353, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Kirkley Centre at 154 London Road South, Lowestoft, NR33 0AZ.
Alternatively visit the website: www.communityactionsuffolk.org.uk/locations/the-kirkley-centreDo you have a story? Email email@example.com or call 01502 525820.