New funeral branch in Lowestoft extends support available for community
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Anglia Picture
A new funeral branch has opened in Lowestoft – with it proving to be a landmark unveiling.
The East of England Co-op Funeral Services has extended its care and support for people in Lowestoft, with the opening of a second funeral branch in the town.
And the latest Lowestoft branch on Westwood Avenue is a landmark for the East of England Co-op – as it will be their 60th funeral services branch in the region. Running the Westwood Avenue branch will be funeral director and former Lowestoft mayor Nick Webb, who will be working with Sarah Webb, who runs the Co-op's existing branch on Oulton Road.
Mr Webb, who has been with the East of England Co-op Funeral Services since 2015, said: 'It is an absolute privilege to open the East of England Co-op's 60th Funeral Services branch and extend the support we are able to offer Lowestoft families.
'As a local councillor and through my work with the East of England Co-op, I am very fortunate to be able to spend my life supporting the people and community I care about.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Webb said: 'We will work very closely to support families both north and south of the bridge to provide them with a service that is respectful, compassionate and understanding of their wishes.'
The couple are well-known for their community work and during Mr Webb's time as Mayor, they supported Lowestoft's branch of the Alzheimer's Society. They were also inspired to support the charity after undertaking training with the East of England Co-op to become a Dementia Friend.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
The new Lowestoft branch will provide funeral arranging services, guidance on monumental masonry, information on pre-paid funeral plans as well as offer Chapel of Rest facilities.
The community has been putting its trust in the East of England Co-op Funeral Services for more than 90 years.
It provides personal and flexible care across Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire as well as a free bereavement support service.
East of England Co-op Funeral Services, Westwood Avenue, in Lowestoft, is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm, with a free care line available every hour of every day.
For more information visit www.eastofengland.coop/funerals or call 01502 222020.