New head for Lowestoft high school
A NEW headteacher has today been appointed to run Lowestoft's newest high school.Perry Linsley has been unveiled as the new head for the Pakefield High School, which is set to open in September 2011 on the current Pakefield Middle School site.
A NEW headteacher has today been appointed to run Lowestoft's newest high school.
Perry Linsley has been unveiled as the new head for the Pakefield High School, which is set to open in September 2011 on the current Pakefield Middle School site.
Mr Linsley is currently headteacher of Stradbroke Business and Enterprise College, and is a former deputy head at Bungay High School, but after
'Governors of the new school, along with officers from Suffolk County Council scrutinised the credentials of a number of applicants in order to identify the candidate who had the necessary ambition and drive to run the new high school in Lowestoft,' a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The interviews were held last week, and speaking after his appointment Mr Linsley said: 'It is truly a great privilege to be appointed to the post of headteacher for the new Pakefield High School. I am absolutely thrilled at the prospect of leading this crucial development for Lowestoft.
'I believe passionately in the power of education to change lives,' he added. 'I have a keen enthusiasm for learning and a real interest in the educational development of children and young people; it is my belief that they are our nation's greatest asset and resource. As Headteacher I have the wonderful job of unlocking their potential.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
Michael Cole, Chair of Governors: said: 'We were extremely impressed by Perry's enthusiasm for getting the best out of young people by delivering an exciting and engaging curriculum. The governing body looks forward to working with Perry to make the new high school in Pakefield a great success.'
The creation of a new high school was one of the changes approved as part of the School Organisation Review in the Lowestoft area.