Former council offices to be ‘new home’ for veterinary hospital
- Credit: Archant
Former county council offices, which have been vacant for more than three years, look set to be given a new lease of life.
Work is under way to develop a new veterinary hospital in Lowestoft on the site of the former Adrian House building.
With the new facility set to feature five consulting rooms, a separate dog and cat waiting area and separate dog, cat and isolation wards, a fully equipped pharmacy, operating theatres and much more, the new veterinary hospital is set to transform the former Suffolk County Council offices at Alexandra Road, Lowestoft.
The CVS group tweeted: 'This is going to be the new home for the Veterinary Hospital in #Lowestoft.'
With a change of use application approved by Waveney District Council in late 2017, work is continuing on the new development.
You may also want to watch:
At the time, the application from CVS Group said: 'Adrian House has been empty for a while, to allow the building to be developed as a veterinary facility a change of use is applied for.
'The building will house the main veterinary facility on the ground floor, with offices, conference room and staff facilities on the first floor.'
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
In recommending approval of the scheme at the time, the council's planning and enforcement officer, said: 'The building subject to this application is a large detached two storey brick and tile built structure that was formerly used by Suffolk County Council as offices however these have been empty since the new Riverside building was occupied in 2015.
'It is located on Alexandra Road and is directly opposite a row of Victorian terraced dwellings and is to the north west of the former Lowestoft Hospital.
'This would seem to be a sensible solution for this very large building and would support the expansion of a local business and as such it is supported by officers and recommended for approval.'