New Latitude rape inquiry
POLICE investigating an alleged rape at the Latitide Festival renewed their appeals for information this week.Detectives said they were going through CCTV footage from the site as they continued their inquiries into the incident on Thursday, July 15 at Henham Park.
POLICE investigating an alleged rape at the Latitide Festival renewed their appeals for information this week.
Detectives said they were going through CCTV footage from the site as they continued their inquiries into the incident on Thursday, July 15 at Henham Park.
Police are keen to hear from a group of men in connection with the alleged attack on a woman in her late teens.
She left her tent between 10pm and 10.30pm on the Thursday, the first evening of the four-day festival, and was allegedly raped by at least one of a group of men.
You may also want to watch:
The incident, in a wooded area, happened around two hours before Tom Jones' concert.
A Suffolk police spokesman told The Journal: 'Officers are going through CCTV from the site and are continuing with inquiries, but there is nothing further significant to add at this stage.
- 1 Calls for netting to be removed after red-listed birds die
- 2 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 10 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
'We would appeal for anyone who saw the woman on the site and anyone with information about the men, whom we are still keen to trace, to come forward.'
If you can help the investigation call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A second rape of a 17-year-old girl from Suffolk was also reported at the Latitude festival. A 19-year-old Essex man was arrested in connection with the unconnected incident and has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on September 2.