New Latitude rape inquiry
POLICE investigating an alleged rape at the Latitide Festival renewed their appeals for information this week.Detectives said they were going through CCTV footage from the site as they continued their inquiries into the incident on Thursday, July 15 at Henham Park.
POLICE investigating an alleged rape at the Latitide Festival renewed their appeals for information this week.
Detectives said they were going through CCTV footage from the site as they continued their inquiries into the incident on Thursday, July 15 at Henham Park.
Police are keen to hear from a group of men in connection with the alleged attack on a woman in her late teens.
She left her tent between 10pm and 10.30pm on the Thursday, the first evening of the four-day festival, and was allegedly raped by at least one of a group of men.
You may also want to watch:
The incident, in a wooded area, happened around two hours before Tom Jones' concert.
A Suffolk police spokesman told The Journal: 'Officers are going through CCTV from the site and are continuing with inquiries, but there is nothing further significant to add at this stage.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 7 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out
'We would appeal for anyone who saw the woman on the site and anyone with information about the men, whom we are still keen to trace, to come forward.'
If you can help the investigation call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A second rape of a 17-year-old girl from Suffolk was also reported at the Latitude festival. A 19-year-old Essex man was arrested in connection with the unconnected incident and has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on September 2.