New Latitude rape inquiry
POLICE investigating an alleged rape at the Latitide Festival renewed their appeals for information this week.Detectives said they were going through CCTV footage from the site as they continued their inquiries into the incident on Thursday, July 15 at Henham Park.
POLICE investigating an alleged rape at the Latitide Festival renewed their appeals for information this week.
Detectives said they were going through CCTV footage from the site as they continued their inquiries into the incident on Thursday, July 15 at Henham Park.
Police are keen to hear from a group of men in connection with the alleged attack on a woman in her late teens.
She left her tent between 10pm and 10.30pm on the Thursday, the first evening of the four-day festival, and was allegedly raped by at least one of a group of men.
The incident, in a wooded area, happened around two hours before Tom Jones' concert.
A Suffolk police spokesman told The Journal: 'Officers are going through CCTV from the site and are continuing with inquiries, but there is nothing further significant to add at this stage.
- 1 Two e-scooters and cannabis seized in Lowestoft
- 2 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 3 Boys, 16 and 13, admit stealing moped prior to crash
- 4 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 5 Lowestoft man used toy gun to steal can of Dr Pepper from kebab shop
- 6 Safety fears over street lighting not working for last two years
- 7 Thieves steal power tools from van parked in Lowestoft
- 8 Vehicle parked outside Lowestoft home targeted by vandals
- 9 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft man denies High Street assault
'We would appeal for anyone who saw the woman on the site and anyone with information about the men, whom we are still keen to trace, to come forward.'
If you can help the investigation call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A second rape of a 17-year-old girl from Suffolk was also reported at the Latitude festival. A 19-year-old Essex man was arrested in connection with the unconnected incident and has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on September 2.