New Lowestoft Summer Festival will plug gap left by airshow
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A summer festival is to be held in Lowestoft in a bid to plug the gap left by the popular old carnival and airshow - with Channel Four's 'street velodrome' as the star attraction.
The loss of the annual air festival three years ago has been a sore point for many residents and visitors who used to enjoy the event.
The bad news was compounded when it turned out that year would also be the last for the Lowestoft Carnival, leaving the town without a major community event.
However Darren Newman, manager of Lowestoft Vision Business Improvement District (BID), said: 'Over the years we've sadly lost the carnival and the airshow.
'However between us - Lowestoft Vision, Lowestoft Rising the Lions and the Rotary Club - we felt that, if we pooled our resources, we could put on an event which would plug that gap.'
You may also want to watch:
Read the full story in today's Lowestoft Journal
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy