New manager for power station
A NEW manager has been appointed to run the Sizewell B nuclear power station.
John Benn has moved to the Suffolk coast from Scotland, where he was the maintenance manager at EDF Energy's Hunterston B nuclear power station.
The 41-year-old, who is originally from Edinburgh, has 25 years experience in the energy industry, including work with wind, hydro, coasl, gas and nuclear power.
he has spent the past few months undertaking a training programme to get to know the plant and systems at Sizewell B before starting his new role this month.
He said: 'My induction at the site has been the perfect mix of classroom technical training studies and time out on the plant with staff who have worked here since the station was commissioned 15 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
'The Suffolk coast is a beautiful place to be based and I am looking forward to getting to know the area on my bike or by taking walks with my family.'
He has moved to Woodbridge with his wife Audrey and children Hannah, seven, and James, three.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars