New manager for power station
A NEW manager has been appointed to run the Sizewell B nuclear power station.
John Benn has moved to the Suffolk coast from Scotland, where he was the maintenance manager at EDF Energy's Hunterston B nuclear power station.
The 41-year-old, who is originally from Edinburgh, has 25 years experience in the energy industry, including work with wind, hydro, coasl, gas and nuclear power.
he has spent the past few months undertaking a training programme to get to know the plant and systems at Sizewell B before starting his new role this month.
He said: 'My induction at the site has been the perfect mix of classroom technical training studies and time out on the plant with staff who have worked here since the station was commissioned 15 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
'The Suffolk coast is a beautiful place to be based and I am looking forward to getting to know the area on my bike or by taking walks with my family.'
He has moved to Woodbridge with his wife Audrey and children Hannah, seven, and James, three.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k