New Norfolk mental health boss chosen
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed this week.Aidan Thomas, the current chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed.
Aidan Thomas, the chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust. Current chief executive Pat Holman is retiring in August.
Mr Thomas has been at West Essex since the trust was formed in October 2006 and was previously chief executive of Epping Forest primary care trust. He has worked in the NHS for more than 20 years.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining such a successful and well- respected organisation. The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Maggie Wheeler said: "Aidan was appointed from a very strong list of candidates, and we are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre experienced chief executive."
He will start his new role at the end of the summer.
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 8 Warning after dog swallows baited fishing hook on beach
- 9 All set for reopening at Pleasurewood Hills
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend