New Norfolk mental health boss chosen
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed this week.Aidan Thomas, the current chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed.
Aidan Thomas, the chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust. Current chief executive Pat Holman is retiring in August.
Mr Thomas has been at West Essex since the trust was formed in October 2006 and was previously chief executive of Epping Forest primary care trust. He has worked in the NHS for more than 20 years.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining such a successful and well- respected organisation. The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Maggie Wheeler said: "Aidan was appointed from a very strong list of candidates, and we are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre experienced chief executive."
He will start his new role at the end of the summer.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 5 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 6 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 7 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 8 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 9 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 10 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed