New Norfolk mental health boss chosen
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed this week.Aidan Thomas, the current chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed.
Aidan Thomas, the chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust. Current chief executive Pat Holman is retiring in August.
Mr Thomas has been at West Essex since the trust was formed in October 2006 and was previously chief executive of Epping Forest primary care trust. He has worked in the NHS for more than 20 years.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining such a successful and well- respected organisation. The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Maggie Wheeler said: "Aidan was appointed from a very strong list of candidates, and we are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre experienced chief executive."
He will start his new role at the end of the summer.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week