New Norfolk mental health boss chosen
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed this week.Aidan Thomas, the current chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed.
Aidan Thomas, the chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust. Current chief executive Pat Holman is retiring in August.
Mr Thomas has been at West Essex since the trust was formed in October 2006 and was previously chief executive of Epping Forest primary care trust. He has worked in the NHS for more than 20 years.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining such a successful and well- respected organisation. The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
Chairman Maggie Wheeler said: "Aidan was appointed from a very strong list of candidates, and we are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre experienced chief executive."
He will start his new role at the end of the summer.
- 1 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 2 Drone video reveals best look at Gull Wing bridge project
- 3 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 4 Community response hailed as Tilli, five, continues recovery after stroke
- 5 'I keep selling out' Mother-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Hunt continues after man chased and verbally assaulted in park
- 8 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 9 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 10 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket