New Norfolk mental health boss chosen
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed this week.Aidan Thomas, the current chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust.
The new boss of Norfolk's mental health trust has been appointed.
Aidan Thomas, the chief executive of NHS West Essex, is moving to take the top job at Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health Foundation Trust. Current chief executive Pat Holman is retiring in August.
Mr Thomas has been at West Essex since the trust was formed in October 2006 and was previously chief executive of Epping Forest primary care trust. He has worked in the NHS for more than 20 years.
He said: "I am very excited to be joining such a successful and well- respected organisation. The opportunity to move to Norfolk fulfils a personal ambition to move back into the provision of mental health services."
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Maggie Wheeler said: "Aidan was appointed from a very strong list of candidates, and we are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre experienced chief executive."
He will start his new role at the end of the summer.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Missing man found safe and well